.

Monday, April 8, 2019

Critical Thinking at Work Essay Example for Free

Critical Thinking at Work EssayThe same Rational Model actually entails following 4 processes including First of all is to pinpoint or account the problem second is to bring into being diverse alternatives/answers to the problem that has still been identified third is to occupy or pick a solution from the second stage or process and last simply not least is to implement the chosen solution before finally assessing it ( purpose Making, n. d. ). The description provided will be further understood in the following example taken from my personal experience at the William metalworker Sr. Tri-County primal Head Start. Example from My Personal Experience at William Smith Sr. Tri-County Early Head Start Keith A. , a student of the William Smith Sr. Tri-County Early Head Start has a lot been exhibiting temper tantrums. There are times when he would throw objects at other kids, slap them, pip out at them, etc. He does not seem to know how to calm down. The same affaire happened du ring one of the weekly field trips. All of a sudden, he pushed his seatmate in the bus, yelled at her, and consequently eventually hit her.Following that contingency, a school official seated behind him stood up and sit next to him. I thought she was just going to speak to the child, remind him that what he did was an unacceptable behavior, and secure him to apologize to his seatmate, etc. But instead of doing so, he held the male childs hands tightly and angrily told him to be demand. When the young boy yelled at the school official, he held Keiths cheek tightly, said you wear show some respect young man. Keith spit at the school official as a response and so he was slapped in return.I did not protect the child. I did not have the courage to tell the school official that he should not treat the young boy that way even if what he did was wrong. Later that day, I was torn between telling the truth and just letting the occurrence pass. I knew in my heart that what the school offi cial did was wrong. It clearly defies the philosophy/ pot/mission, as well as, goals of the programs offered in William Smith Sr. Tri-County Early Head Start (William Smith, Sr. , Tri-County minor Development Council, Inc. , n. d. ).I would like to tell the head of the school about what I saw so that the school official who did that to Keith would be subjected to disciplinary action/s and so that such an untoward incident would never happen again because if it did so many students will probably be traumatized if that is how they will be treated if they misbehaved. It is quite difficult on my part to go to the head of the school though and relay race what I had just witnessed earlier that day because I am only an ordinary rank-and-file employee. It would be my contrive as an ordinary employee against the high and mighty school official. It could mean loss of a affair on my part.Importance/Benefits of Critical Thinking in the Decision-making Process I utilized the Rational Model h ere. First, I have identified the problem, which is whether or not to report the untoward incident that I witnessed. Second, I have realized the choices a) I will tell the head about it to prevent such occurrence in the future or b) I will just keep it to myself so as to keep my job as well. Third is to pick choice a because it is the right thing to do. Finally, carry it out. Critical sentiment played a large role in the decision-making process that I had engaged in since I was able to balance/weigh everything before I moved.Without the Rational Model and without the process of critical thinking, I would not be able to decide objectively and probably arrived at the wrong/unethical decision. References Decision Making. (n. d. ). Retrieved January 17, 2008 from http//72. 14. 253. 104/search? q=cacheycQOog9jFygJwww. unf. edu/gbaker/Man6204/Decision. PDF+decision-making+modelshl=tlct=clnkcd=2gl=phclient=firefox-a William Smith, Sr. , Tri-County Child Development Council, Inc. (n. d. ). About Us. Retrieved January 17, 2008 from http//www. wsstricounty. org/About. html

No comments:

Post a Comment